Christ the King School
Christ the King Catholic School is sponsored by the parish of Christ the King. The school academic program includes core subject classes such as Language Arts, Math, Religion, Science, and Social Studies, as well as special subject classes such as Art, Computer Technology, Guidance Counseling, Health, Library, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish.
|Preparing Christian leaders through academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment.|
|To bring all students in Christ the King community to God through a faith filled and dynamic Catholic education.|
A Nationally Recognized School
Christ the King Catholic School offers developmentally-appropriate curriculum for students from preschool through eighth grade. We are fully accredited by AdvancED, the State of Nebraska, are a member of both the Nebraska Project and Prairie Visions Consortium, and were named winner of the 1992 Nebraska Arts Council's "Governor's Arts Award" for "excellence in Arts Education."
Our school has a 50+ year tradition of providing excellence in academic and religious education. Recent renovations, such as two state of the art science labs, updated computer technology lab, art studio, library, early childhood center, and remodeled classrooms demonstrate our continued commitment to excellence.
We offer all-day Kindergarten, 3 & 4 year old preschool, and early arrival and extended-day care for the convenience of working parents.
Our curriculum integrates religious values with core academic subjects such as Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies, and also includes specialty programs such as Art, Computer Technology, Health, Library, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish. A full-time Reading Specialist works with students to provide both remedial help and enrichment opportunities.
Our outstanding faculty, many of whom have earned or are working towards postgraduate degrees, are carefully selected each year. Teachers are chosen for their sincere value and appreciation for Catholic Education.
We strive to keep class sizes small in order to enhance the learning of each student, to challenge each student to reach their highest level possible through differentiated instruction, and to provide the best opportunity for individual growth and development. The average class size at Christ the King is 18 students per class and the overall ratio of students to teachers including special subject teachers is 11 to 1. Emphasis is placed on providing on-going support, communication and encouragement to both students and parents.
Extras That Make a Difference
In addition to program highlights already described, we offer:
- Weekly all-school Masses where students plan and participate in the Liturgy
- "House" system utilized in 5th - 8th grade to include teamwork activities and student leadership opportunities
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Lab classes for 7th & 8th grade students
- Full-time School Guidance Counselor
- Academic Focus Room Help Sessions available to students who are struggling or who need extra help
- Academic extra-curricular activities such as CSI Science Club, Math Club & Math Competition Teams, Book Bowl Teams, Battle of the Books, Destination Imagination, 5th - 8th grade musicals; and non-academic extra-curricular activities such as Student Council, Swing Dance Club, and Chess Club
- School Hot Lunch Program
- Outstanding documented results on standardized tests
- Dedicated School Board
- Parishioners' support which helps subsidize actual costs per child
Christ the King School is an affirmative action and equal opportunity facility which accepts children regardless of race, religion or economic status.